Thursday 23 January 2014

by Nan Wright












Barack Obama

Description:

A pencil drawing of President Barack Obama in his first 100 days. Determined, confident and well-grounded. I call this picture the "Quiet Steamroller". I intend to make a portrait of him each year he is in office to chart his presidential change and growth.

I use the 'limited palette' of the three primary colors to produce all the shades and hues you see in my paintings. Red, yellow and blue transparent watercolor in both warm and cool shades can be mixed to obtain any color in the spectrum. I find I have more control over the final results. My artwork covers a wide range of subjects from whimsically humorous to serious and refined. However, my passion is doing portraiture of animals and people. I love to capture the emotion of the moment.

I hope you enjoy my work and I welcome any comments. Thanks for stopping by and visiting my gallery of high quality giclee prints and greeting cards. You may also choose to have the prints framed or printed on ready to hang framed canvas. Please feel free to contact me via FAA email with any questions. FAA is launching into providing electronic accessories that are original and one of a kind. The iphone case is the first to be offered. Watch for future offering about every couple of months. I have selected certain images of my artwork that would work best for the iphone case. The cases are sold on the sister site of FAA called Pixels at http://pixels.com/art/all/nan+wright/all

I accept private commissions, working from photographs. My medium is watercolor. However, I also work with graphite. Prices for originals are set by the square inch. Please contact me to obtain further information if you have interest in commissioning a piece of artwork.

Please Click On The Picture Links Below For More Information:




About:

I am a self-taught watercolor artist using the 'limited palette' of the three primary colors to produce all the shades and hues you see in my paintings. I love to paint a wide range of subjects from whimsically humorous to serious fine art. My passion, however, is doing portraiture of animals and people. Click on each 'GALLERY' to view the images within.

I hope you enjoy my work and I welcome any comments. Thanks for stopping by and visiting my gallery of high quality giclee prints and greeting cards. You may also choose to have the prints framed or ready to hang framed canvas. If you wish to purchase an original, please feel free to contact me with any questions.
Greeting cards are offered at the reduced printing price for multiple purchases in packs of 10 and 25.

You may click on each image to see the enlarged version. The FAA 'Watermarks' will not appear on your print. They are for Internet security purposes only. This is a copyrighted gallery. The copyright will last my life time plus 70 years after. My web page and all its contents are also protected. Contact http://nan-wright.artistwebsites.com for written permission for use of my creations.

Please visit my artist website at FAA's sister gallery at http://pixels.com/art/all/nan+wright/all The prints and cards are the same as here, but Pixels.com will be offering other products as well. The latest is iPhone cases.


Minnetonka, MN - United States

No comments:

Post a Comment