Saturday 1 February 2014

by Artistic Indian Nurse












Barack Obama

Description:

This is a pencil drawing of Barack Obama’s First Inauguration. 

The original work is currently for sale. At the present time, originals are not offered for sale through the Fine Art America secure checkout system. Please contact the artist directly to inquire about purchasing this original by clicking on the picture links below.



Martin Luther King's Dream Is Coming True

Description:

This is my unique depiction of Martin Luther King Junior's Dream coming true. Mart Luther King Jr is depicted in black and white from the past in history and Obama is in color as in the present. MLK Jr's words flow from the past to the future and show the breaking down of color barriers. HIs words are "I have a dream that my four little children will one day live in a nation where they will not be judged by the color of their skin, but by the content of their character." His dream is coming true in that a black man was elected president based on the content of his character. On each MLK Jr and Obama's suits shows their accomplishments. Obama's quote, " There is not a black America and white American and latino America and asian America, there is a United States of America." This to me shows the current present need to break down more color and race and ethnicity barriers. Progress has been made but a lot of work is still to be done.

The original work is currently for sale. At the present time, originals are not offered for sale through the Fine Art America secure checkout system. Please contact the artist directly to inquire about purchasing this original by clicking on the picture links below.



Obama's First Inauguration

Description:

This is an acrylic painting of Barack Obama on his Inauguration in 2009 as the first black president. I loved painting this because I could see the hope in his eyes and it represents all the hard work that has been paved for many years to have him get to this place as president and truly make history.




About Payal the Artistic Indian Nurse 

My name is Payal. (pronounced 'pile') 

Payal means the anklets with bells that Indian dancers wear. 

Artistic = I love painting, drawing, creating artwork. 

Indian = This is my ethnicity. Both my parents were born and raised in India and came over here with a dream. I owe so much to them for their hard work, dedication, and love. And now I am living my own dream and hope to give back to my family and to India. 

Nurse = I am a nurse. I was trained first as a registered nurse and worked as a transplant nurse in the hospital and then later received my masters as a family nurse practitioner, my current job by day =)

Hence the name Artistic Indian Nurse. 


Milford, CT - United States

No comments:

Post a Comment