Tuesday 4 February 2014

by Valerie Wolf

 Obama Change

Description:

This is a collage made by using my original painting ,"Obama" as the basis.

Please Click On The Picture Links Below For More Information:



Change - Barack Obama

Description:

This is one of 6 collages created from my acrylic painting ,"Barack Obama".



Barack Obama



Teddy And Barack

The original work is currently for sale.At the present time, originals are not offered for sale through the Fine Art America secure checkout system. Please contact the artist directly to inquire about purchasing this original by clicking on the picture links below.



Great Spirits - Teddy And Barack


Description:

This piece was created by using my original acrylic, "Barack and Teddy" as the base.



Obama II





About:

My art represents all of what I've been, all of what I've seen and much of what I've felt. It has been with me through pain, joy, chaos and calm. As I've traveled through each of these human events my art has allowed me to find opportunities to reflect that which is too great to carry alone. It enables me to provide a translation for what an experience or face or vision has communicated to me. When my painting allows its audience a moment to step away from daily living and pause to smile, cry or smirk I feel success. 

Most often the subject of my painting presents itself naturally and demands representation; other times a simple form, movement or sense plays through my mind for a time until it feels either ready to be shown or needing to be examined, pursued and solved on the canvas. It will be something as simple as a child's smile or as great as the genocide within the Sudan that drives me to my paintbrush. The acrylic medium naturally suits me with its offer of the ability to manipulate texture and incorporate it into the voice of the work. I love both the depth and the freedom that acrylics offer. 

I am currently entwined with both the pain and hope that I see existing simultaneously in the eyes of the people of Darfur. They are presenting a challenge to me by requiring that I eventually solve the puzzle and can adequately represent their message to others. Human kind has a commonality that above all speaks to each of us. 



Rexford, NY - United States

No comments:

Post a Comment