Monday 31 March 2014

by Arturo Garcia







































Barry

Description:

Own this magnificent portrait of Barack Obama today!

The original work is currently for sale. At the present time, originals are not offered for sale through the Fine Art America secure checkout system. Please contact the artist directly to inquire about purchasing this original by clicking on the picture links below.






About Arturo:

Twenty years ago I was told by an ex -boss that I had to choose between writing and painting as I was doing both then. I chose writing and managed to write a couple of books and published them on Amazon with a slow turnover and good critiques. But then, critiques don’t cut it for me so I went on to critique other people’s works and ended up with a self publishing business (Ícaro Editores).

In 2012 I was diagnosed with pancreatic cancer and after a pancreaticoduodenectomy (Whipple procedure) and several rounds of chemo therapy; they removed the tumor and eradicated the cancer. As I lay recovering in the hospital bed, flashbacks of my life kept taking me back to the happiest moments I have experienced—painting being one of them. And what better do we have to do in life than to strive to happiness?

So I took up painting again almost as soon as I came back home from the hospital; painting with a different attitude as I regret following my ex-boss’s suggestion twenty years ago.

I love color. Painting takes me back to the most elementary and primitive stages of human development. I paint for fun. I feel like a kid coloring when I settle into a painting project. The smell of oil paints as palettes slide in the white canvas giving life to forms and figures transports me to a world that feels almost spiritual, something like a different dimension.

I like painting faces but I’m also interested in animals. Bulls and other beasts is always a favorite subject. Lately I have been working on iconic portraits of people who have made it into my inspirational hall of fame (which is the walls of the hallway between my bedroom and the living room)—or so it seems.

Thank you for viewing my work and have a wonderful day!


Lakewood, CO - United States

No comments:

Post a Comment