Saturday 31 May 2014

by Neil Feigeles


President Barack Obama

Description:

President Barack Obama was painted in oil paint on canvas and finished in April 2012, as a tribute to our current Commander in Chief. My ambition was to try to convey his humanity, intelligence and personal charm, which more then anything has helped his political career soar to his current and well deserved position, as leader of the free world. Sorry, enough with the politics. But, pretty happy how my interpretation came out. Hope you agree, enjoy.

The original work is currently for sale. At the present time, originals are not offered for sale through the Fine Art America secure checkout system. Please contact the artist directly to inquire about purchasing this original by clicking on the picture links below.






About Neil:

I've been creating art of one kind or another since childhood. As I grew to adulthood, I discovered I had a knack for drawing faces and happily decided I was going to be an artist for the rest of my life. I attended The High School of Art & Design & then The School of Visual Arts. Growing up my ambition was to become a comic book artist, but at SVA I discovered that I actually had some talent using oil paint; and decided that I would make my living doing illustration.

With my ability to capture likenesses, and my love of comic books and the entertainment field, I've specialized in portrait related images. From Marilyn Monroe to Spider-Man, President Obama to John Lennon, E.T. The Extra-terrestrial to Lupita Nyong'o. Be it the real or the imagined. The famous to the girl next door, couples to young children. My art has been showcased on book jackets, advertising campaigns, magazines, and promotional art for film & video. I've had the honor of having my work showcased in galleries, was a member of The Society of Illustrators in NY for a decade and even had the thrill of seeing my work hang in an art museum, way cool.

And probably most importantly, I've always felt very honored and happy, that others would deem me talented enough to be the artist commissioned by them to capture the likenesses of either themselves or their love ones. Probably the highest compliment any artist can get.

Any questions please ask.

Neil Feigeles




Brooklyn, NY - USA

No comments:

Post a Comment